I’ve expressed my love for chickpeas before (most very recently here) and right now I just can’t seem to get enough of the healthy pulse.
I make Roasted Chickpeas as a quick, easy and healthy snack. Last summer, I wrote a blog post about snacks you can make on the go to take to outdoor summer festivals which led to my TV debut on CTV Morning Live showing off this recipe. One of the things I love is that it can be doubled or tripled (trust me they go fast).
Recipe courtesy of the Manitoba Canola Growers and Manitoba Pulse Growers Association.
Roasted Chickpea Snack
- 4 cups cooked chickpeas (1 L)
- OR 2-19 oz cans chickpeas rinsed and drained (540 mL)
- 3 Tbsp canola oil (45 mL)
- 1/2 cup preferred spices (cajun, curry, garlic, etc.) (125 mL)
2) Combine all ingredients in medium bowl and spread onto
parchment paper or greased cookie sheet.
3) Bake for 30 minutes. Stir.
4) Bake another 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Let cool and