Palomas are one of my favourite tequila cocktails. In Spanish paloma means dove and I don’t know the connection to the drink is but I do know it’s refreshing and fizzy, making it a good summertime drink. It makes a good alternative to the margarita because it’s not as sweet.
This is the recipe for palomas I’ve grown used to but this time I used my grapefruit and cinnamon infused tequila to really bring out the citrus and grapefruit taste. I love the way it turned out and I’m excited to share this recipe with you just in time for Cinco de Mayo.
- Ice cubes
- 1 ounce of tequila (recipe for my grapefruit and cinnamon infused tequila)
- grapefruit soda OR grapefruit juice and a splash of soda
- splash of fresh lime juice
- Pour ice and tequila in glass.
- Fill glass with the grapefruit soda (Or grapefruit juice and a splash of soda) and a squirt of lime.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and mint. Enjoy!